Thursday, August 7, 2008

Screw you United!

So we just spent the afternoon trying to chase down my bike, as it never showed up at the house, and they (United) couldn't even tell me when (or if) it would be delivered.  It DID make it to the Calgary airport though, so we decided to tell United to bugger off and just went to pick it up ourselves (at 28 cents per km + fuel, since we had to use the truck that came with the 5th wheel we rented).  When we got to the airport, we continued to get the run around as the baggage department didn't have my bike and tried to tell me it wasn't there.  We argued back and forth for a bit, so they checked the tracking number, and sure enough, it was there.  So now I was going to stay and make these people's lives a living hell until they produced my bicycle.  In the end, they found it just sitting up in the Custom's baggage area - apparently no one had brought it downstairs to the baggage office so it could be delivered and they felt no urgency to do so!!  (Insert lots of swearing here)

I am completely amazed at the lack of common courtesy and regard for their customers that these airlines seem to have.  Having to pay $100 extra to put the bike on the plane, then have them forget it, and having to make a special trip back to the airport just stressed me out way more  than I really wanted coming into such a big event.  Hopefully things will go smoother from this point on.  

3 comments:

Neal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neal said...

Lisa....just sing along... :)

"I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
That breakup we had
Has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you
'Cause I want you back
Hey, hey

Re-UNITED, and it feels so good
Re-UNITED, 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're re-UNITED
Hey, hey"

Sorry for your pain and suffering....sadly thats how it often goes with bikes and airlines these days...they were not picking on you...

Great to hear you guys are "re-UNITED" so no "lonely rides" for you! Now just do what you do so well...prepare yourself, your teammate(s) and your gear to give 110%! Have fun!

Cheers,
Neal

PS Hey Chris, Please drink some Canadian beers for me!

Unknown said...

I'm just glad the bike got there. Now try to chillax and get ready for some serious duo-girl MTB domination!