Thursday, August 7, 2008

Missing one vital piece...

So we have all arrived safe and sound with the exception of my Turner Nitrous...as of last night it was still in Denver.  All of the rest of our luggage made it on our connecting flight to Calgary, but somehow they managed to forget the BIGGEST MOST OBVIOUS PIECE.  I knew it wasn't a good sign when I went to the oversized baggage claim and my spare wheels were there, but my bike box wasn't.  After filling out a missing baggage report last night and spending 45 minutes this morning on the phone, they have assured us that my bike is ON a plane from Denver that arrives here at 2:20 p.m.  Hmph..we'll see.  

This morning I borrowed one of Trish's bikes and we went for a nice ride along the river to loosen our legs up.  Everything felt pretty good, so now I'm just waiting for my bike to show so I can stop worrying.  Hopefully it will arrive with all its parts..

Now we're off to go pick up our behemoth RV in downtown Calgary.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take some deep breaths, distract yourself by making fun of the loonies, twonies and coloured money. Hey it's like Monopoly! Bike'll be there before you know it.
Enjoy Calgary. If memory serves the traffic lights are timed such that there is no grace period after turning red. The other direction is instantly green so be careful with that big RV.

Neal said...

Nothin' like getting the inside loop from a cool Canadian! Hang in there Lisa!

Cheers,
Neal