Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thoughts on TransRockies...

Wow...

How fortunate we were to have fantastic weather. No rain and warm and sunny for most of the days.

That big, expensive rental RV was worth every penny.

Steady riding prevails over all-out hammering.

Never underestimate the power of a good mechanic (thanks Chris).

Soaking your legs in 40 degree creek water works wonders.

NOT having to stand in the bike wash line also works wonders. (thanks Chris and Rudy)

I attribute much of my success to my massage stick and anti-inflammatory lotion.

Us girls never had to wait in line for the showers.

Not once did we have to use the duct tape for anything.

Thank you Stans - not a single flat between us.

Thank you Advair - I enjoyed being able to breathe, even at 8000 ft.

Running like a gazelle with your bike is sometimes more effective than riding.

I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more..all carrying my bike if I had to.

You gotta go downhill sometime..

I came into this race with more cuts and bruises than I left with.

1 comment:

Liz Schleeper said...

Awesome win. Can't think of an event that carries more in the wild type stories than that one.